Friday 29 July 2011

A Starry Story...

A new jumper at last! Here is the result of all those stars I was printing yesterday in a little gif animation for you showing a peek into the slouch sweater forming process...I'd love to know what you think?
A Starry Story...
I have wanted to make a starry top for ages and these navy blue marle sweaters are just the ticket for such a design. I have named it to go along with the Dark is the Night Locket and I have a feeling there will be more in this little celestial line. I do like stars I do!

Dark is the Night Slouch Sweaters will be available soon...watch this space!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely Love this! It is so simple and sweet.

Kitiya Palaskas said...

How cute! The sweater looks super comfy too...perfect for winter here! x

Unknown said...

Lovely Lee! Also interested in your process for the printing- do you hand cut each star out of the stencil? I usually use light sensitive- emulsion but have also the white sticky stuff -but have yet to use it... Love the simplicity of it!

Lee May Foster-Wilson said...

Thank you everyone!

Mel - I always use photo emulsion too...the paper image here is just so I can see if the design definitely fits the clothing before I make the actual negative to burn the screen. I didn't get a picture of the finished screen before I made the animation unfortunately!

Unknown said...

Cool! -Now that explains it- Thank-you!

Elizabeth@rosalilium said...

I do love a good gif. yep.

Stars are the only thing I can actually draw so I am quite a fan of this too.x