Friday 25 May 2007

Food roundup or so it seems!!

I had a lovely birthday, and thank you to everyone who sent me birthday greetings!! I had a lovely day, which seemed to revolve around food and various beverages...

My dad grew these strawberries and gave them to me at the birthday barbeque, they are some of the first of the year...needless to say they didn't last long!



Our Bat For Lashes merch stall at All Tomorrow's Parties was a great success, we ran out of free Bat For Lashes and Bonbi Forest badges within about 1/2 an hour, and sold 63 t-shirts in the few hours that we sat there...We were going to stay a bit longer, but Natasha was hungry! So we all bundled off to the canteen and arrived with 6 minutes to spare, a close shave as I'm the kind of person who likes to EAT!!

I met some lovely people there, and some Bonbi Forest customers too!! I think my musical highlights of the weekend were the much hyped Battles (it's really very well deserved!), Akron Family were really great, I really enjoyed Edan and also Grizzly bear too. And The Books, and the half of Bat For Lashes I managed to see as well...and Mogwai... There was lots to like!! I was disappointed that I missed Cornelius, all my friends said that it was an amazing show with really cool visuals...I think I was eating or something ( I think it's not just my birthday that revolved around food....!). On Sunday night I danced like a nutter and felt sooo tired all day Monday, but it's all well worth it. Yay! for ATP!

On Sunday and Monday of this week, I am taking the Bonbi Forest wares to the Cornish Hands Made market at Jubilee Wharf, Penryn..There will be loads of other hand made goodies for sale, demonstrations and all sorts...I've even been told that there may be dancing too!! So if you happen to be in Cornwall this Bank Holiday weekend for Run to the Sun or whatever do try and come along. It's all indoors in a lovely big sustanable eco building with windmills on the roof, so if it rains like its forecast to do (BOOO!) then it'll be a great day out inside!

No comments: