Thursday 14 August 2008

Back for the time being...

A few colourful shapes from a very wet festival time...


The gloom followed me to London, bah! Field Day was SO wet and as usual I was mighty unprepared (surprising since I spend so much time outside with the horses and other animal folk!), all I had was a £2.99 umbrella bought on the way there. My shoes held up until the last hour when my feet got rather cold and wet and the festival itself was ok with so much effort put in to make it more of a day out than last year but it was still massively lacking in lady loos which is a big shame...

Anyhow, I shall stop harping on about that as on Sunday we headed to Derbyshire for the wedding of my cousin Angeline at Bolsover Castle!! It was a wonderful ceremony and they had the most amazing wedding cake I have ever seen - It was made up from lots of gorgeous little lemon cupcakes which had super pretty butterfly cases and were sprinkled with colourful edible flowers. The pictures I took don't really do them justice (er, a little inebriated to hold the camera in a suitably steady fashion) but I wanted to include them anyway...

And the native flowers accompanied by one of the cakes...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh those little cakes are gorgeous!