Monday 17 March 2008

Pretty pollutant...

On Saturday we headed up to the north coast of my beloved Cornwall to spend the afternoon in a beach-side pub celebrating the birthday of our friend Alex. It was a fun afternoon in the bar with much beer and cake and we also took a walk on the beach while Alex went for a surf (the nutter, does he not realise it is still MARCH??).

It was near sunset when we went for our walk and most of the beach was very beautiful. One side of it however was full of plastic rubbish that had been washed ashore and had probably come off fishing boats and trawlers and it made me very sad to see. It has been a long time since I saw a beach strewn with such horrible plastic bottles, cannisters and nets!! I did notice though that some of the plastic must have been washing around for a long time and was so broken down into such tiny pieces the vast array of bright colours actually looked quite pretty mingling on the sand with stones and seaweed.

I'm certainly no fan of polluting rubbish, but the tiny colours caught my eye so I just had to take some pictures!!

Hopefully the local council will put some money into getting that particular beach cleared up for the locals, tourists, surfers and wildlife alike to give the beach back it's natural beauty...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty beach....