Tuesday 11 August 2009

Trouvelot Astronomical Drawings

This last week has gone by in a bit of a blur and I can't believe it is Tuesday again already! I have been a busy bee preparing lots of new tee designs and paintings amongst other things, I hope to be able to show you some peeks of them here soon...Stay tuned!

I just wanted to share these wonderful astronomical drawings that were made in the 1800's by French artist and astronomer Étienne Leopold Trouvelot. I found them via the blog But Does It Float (which is a very addictive treasure trove of inspiring imagery and well worth a visit) and love the colours, and considering when they were made, the quite modern execution...

2 comments:

A World Of Noms said...

Wow! Those are both gorgeous and amazing, especially the sun spot one. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

these are simply wonderful