Saturday 28 February 2009

Nationals here we come!

I'm back! Well I got back a while ago but have neglected to blog...The regional championships were great and Pia and I qualified for our first ever National Championships!! We came second with the top 2 going through. It has been a bit of a dream of mine to one day qualify for the nationals and now it's done, I'm very excited to say the least...Below is a (not very good quality, sorry about that but I am still waiting on the final prints) photo of us taking part in the winners lap of honour where you get to gallop about showing off. I think this pic was right before she scooted sideways in excitement...horses are funny creatures!

Kind of a funny tradition that has sprung up at championship Dressage shows over the last 10 years or so is that they play Tina Turner's 'Simply the Best' during the lap of honour. Mark thinks it is hilarious whenever he comes to watch and it really is rather corny, but once they tried to play something else and it wasn't quite the same...dressage peeps love to hear it, hehe!

I have been making lots of new jewellery with a springtime feel this week...I will put some pictures up shortly :)

No comments: