Tuesday, 16 July 2013

A job I love

I do love a good wedding. All that lurve in the air, the gathering of friends from afar, the dancing, cake, merriment and afternoon champagne sipping, canap├ęs (whenever else do you get to eat those?!) confetti and the general warm fuzzy happiness that a lifetime coupling brings is such a delight!

I also L O V E making wedding invitations and was honoured recently to be asked by some a lovely pair of long known friends to make the invitations for their forthcoming wedding. They came up with a beautiful idea of the snow globe based on my 'Forever' painting, but with little geometric shapes dancing inside and a fun colour combination of pale blue, bright orange and white and I designed and hand screen printed them.

Sam and Jon Wedding Invitation Sam and Jon Invitation Detail Sam and Jon Invitation Close Up

I have always loved the ability with screen printing to put pale colours onto a darker background so was pleased to be working with my favourite hairy manila card again which I had for my own invitations...

After making a few invitation designs now, they are another string I would like to add to my bow. If you are interested in commissioning some please do get in touch...lets discuss!

No comments: