Wednesday 25 May 2011

29 Project: The finale!

I am posting this LAST 29 Project update a little later than I had hoped for a reason that only became glaringly apparent to me when I edited the last few pictures and the very last one was only day 364...Surely there should be 365?!

Somewhere along the way, around the Day 188 mark I got a little confused and doubled up my day numbers, there are two day 188s on this blog and day 184 has been marked as a second day 183 on Flickr, whoops!! thankfully all the dates are correct and I haven't missed any days out, but how on earth did I manage that?

ANYWAY, so it's over! A year of photographs and amazingly I only missed taking a few pictures which I replaced with drawings or things I had seen that I found interesting. I think there were 4 missed picture days in total, not bad going for me! I have enjoyed doing the project, and looking back over it, it has reminded me of things I have experienced, made, done, enjoyed, cried at and stressed about, as well as forcing me to take note of the seemingly mundane aspects of life, or things I see every day, just so I'd get a picture on those days where not much of any note happened.

So here it is, the final installment of the 29 Project:

Day 359: Monday 16th May - Strawbs are on their way! After returning from ATP, Mark and I headed over to my folks house to see my brother who had returned from hospital in Belgium. My dad has lots of strawberries on the go which are well and truly on their way. I love fresh garden strawberries.
Day 359 - Strawbs on their way...

Day 360: Tuesday 17th May - Video Star. this is actually a still from a video Mark and I made to send to our friend Mr Jack T Cooper, whose 30th birthday it has been lately too. He had a big surprise birthday party thrown for him in Brighton, and all the buddies that couldn't make it were asked to send videos instead. What a nice idea!
Day 360 - Video Star

Day 361: Wednesday 18th May - Garden Pretties. So sweet and I LOVE this colour.
Day 361 - Garden Pretties

Day 362: Thursday 19th May - Scruffy Snoozy Face. Clifford has taken to snoozing right in the middle of the floor in my parent's conservatory...
Day 362 - Scruffy Snooze Face

Day 363: Friday 20th May - First Married Birthday - This card came in the mail today (Mark's nan's writing, I can tell) addressed to me as a Mrs. It's not the first Mrs mail I have had by far, but it is the first birthday card...
Day 363 - First Married Birthday

Day 364: Saturday 21st May - Yay, Horse Cake! My friends and I celebrated my birthday a couple of days early (since the actual day is a Monday, boo.) and they made this AMAZING cake for me! After consuming some bubbles and lots of this cake, we headed into Falmouth where I got bought copious amounts of rum and mojitos. Ace!
Day 364 - Yay Horse Cake!

Day 365: THE LAST DAY! Sunday 22nd May - Lanterns. So the last day of the 29 project and this 'exciting' picture is all I could come up with! It's in keeping with the rest of the project, yeah? Anyway, it was the last day of my 20s and I spent it feeling fuzzy with friends, doing a spot of weeding in the garden and hanging lights that I have been meaning to hang for ages...pretty normal really.
Day 365 - Lantern Lights

...and turning 30: So day 365 was the last day I used my old Olympus camera too as my wonderful beau, Mark, bought me a brand new shiny, soopa doopa camera for my birthday!! For various reasons I had known about it for a while, but I didn't get it until the actual day.
Here is me in Panoramic mode having a 30th birthday glass of Rosé on the ay home from the Lost Garden of Heligan. I had a lovely day, and 30 isn't so bad really!
Day 366 - 30

I need to think of a new project now...It will be weird not doing this! Thanks for sticking with it and all your comments and likes over the course of the project. I do hope you have enjoyed it!

9 comments:

Alexandrion said...

Awww, that is so sweet!
It's such a good and a nostalgic feeling this post brings to me, really.
I don't know how to deal with time going by, and try to enjoy every little moment of it all.*
It seems like your picture project kinda helped you throw yourself onto a carpe diem mood, isn't it?
I like it very much, and as we say, you don't look a day over 20!! :D
Happy Birthday, >Bon anniversaire, sweet blogger!
Alexxx

dawn said...

Happy belated 30th birthday!
Thank you for the 29 project, and for inspiring me to give my own 30 project a go (now my life really does seem mundane, but I shall continue to chug on with it).

I have really enjoyed following your photos over the last year, so thank you for sharing.

Keep up the beautiful, beautiful work :)

Maybe the next challenge could be a blog a day??? (No that kind of task doesn't bare thinking about does it?) - Maybe a pretty doodle a day, that sounds like more fun :)

Take care

dawn.x

Laura Johnson said...

Happy 30th! I really enjoy your blog and like Dawn above I'm thinking of doing a project 30, it'll be a big year for us! Life is interesting, thank you for sharing glimpses of yours xo

Marthaamay O_o said...

Horsey birthday cake!!!!

Happy 30th Birthday!

Claire said...

happy belated birthday! I am quite sad that this is the end of the project, I've enjoyed a little peek into your life down there and feel like I've been on a rollercoaster with you for the past year! Hope the next year brings you much happiness and success x

Lee May Foster-Wilson said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments!

I certainly won't stop posting photos, just perhaps not one for every day of the year!

Good luck to those of you trying your own picture a day blog...it's surprisingly quite a commitment to remember to take your camera everywhere with you (and then remember to use it on top of that!)

Thanks for coming along for the ride :) xxxx

hello birdy said...

It's been thoroughly enjoyable! Can't wait to see what you do next :o)
Happy 30th! xxx

Missy said...

I like the pony cake the most. :) What a neat project.

PS - what type of camera did you use for this project? Are you going to make a book of your photos?

Sherisa (L'elephantRose) said...

I am so happy you completed the project successfully! That's impressive!! :) AND HAPPY BELATED!!! YAY!