Friday 2 November 2012

Over the Mountain...

There is more newness in the shop, new lockets no less!

New lockets!

They have been a bit of a long time coming, ideas came and went and I finally settled on some that I love...The first is a little soaring bird amongst the stars with a pair of feathers on the chain. I love drawing birds, all the patterns in their wings and their universal appeal make them a wonderful subject matter.

Lockets!

The second features a snow capped mountain range with little pine trees and (another) bird charm on the chain as if in flight over the mountain. I called this one Always Over the Mountain. It is inspired by the Iron and Wine track Upward Over the Mountain which is a beautiful song that sound tracked a 4 week American road trip Mark and I took back in 2004 through California, Arizona, New Mexico & Nevada...It also makes me think of my mother in law and her two sons. Have a listen:

See all of the lockets, new and old, HERE!

No comments: